I am a skilled presenter and a Reiki Master with training beyond the Masters level in various techniques that enhance healing. My primary focus is on health and overall well-being, working to limit the effect of stress in your life. This is an area that I am very familiar with personally as I have had to work through and develop strategies to deal with stress and its effect on my health. Part of that journey was to recognize that much of the stress I was experiencing, I brought on myself by overextending my commitments to others. Learning to balance work, volunteering and personal time was the key for me to find the balance I was searching for.
I am a 40+ year career executive with a solid history in not-for-profit management at many levels including working with Boards at the grass roots to national levels in executive management positions with leadership responsibility in the areas of management, human resources, communication, community development/engagement, finance/granting, fund development and program planning.
My educational credits include:
- Honours B.A. in Sociology (University of Guelph),
- Masters of Social Work (in organizational development and planning) from Wilfrid Laurier University
- National Certificates in Voluntary Sector & Arts Management (Canadian Centre for Philanthropy and York University),
- 2 Certificates from the Banff Centre in Executive Leadership and Change management,
- Certificate in Leadership from Leadership Peel,
- Ongoing seminar/training courses in senior management, resource development, communications, negotiation, conflict management, speed reading, etc.
- Masters and Beyond Masters training in Reiki (a technique that aids the body in releasing stress and tension by creating deep relaxation. Reiki restores energy balance and vitality by relieving the physical and emotional effects of unreleased stress).
- Certificates in Axiatonal Alignment, Chrystal Healing (powerful 'tune up' of the energy systems associated with the physical body).
- Professional Health & Wellness Coach Training with Certification,
- Diploma in Hypnosis
- Member of the Canadian Reiki Association and the National Guild of Hypnotists.
- Certified Chair Massage Therapist.
I live in an area within a major city in Canada (Mississauga) that has a small town feel. I have two grown children, one married and living in eastern Quebec and the other in Milton, Ontario. I'm a musician playing the French horn in a 55 piece concert band and with a philharmonic orchestra. I strongly believe in volunteering so I tend to get myself involved in all sorts of interesting things. I've been known to work at our local festival events, sit on numerous committees and Boards. I have taught on a part-time basis (Board Governance and Leadership Development) at a local community college. Life-long learning is a motto and I love my yoga!!
My favourite things to do that make me feel happy
.......Visiting my grandchildren, practicing yoga, and playing my French Horn with the Mississauga Pops and the Ontario Pops Orchestra.
I chose to work in the health and social services fields
many years ago. As a teen, my summer jobs were as a day camp counselor with children with special needs. I later went on to get my Masters of Social Work degree ultimately working in the field in a planning and development concentrating on program development and capacity building. At this level I was able to indirectly help more people in a lasting way. I believe everyone is naturally creative, resourceful, and whole and with this in mind I am here today to assist you in your quest to be the best you can be. I believe that, with support and guidance, you can become more proficient at addressing the everyday concerns of life by becoming a better observer of yourself, and better problem solver. I will help you specifically identify the key issue areas you wish to work on and assist in the process of making lifestyle changes that will bring peace, wellbeing and overall health into your life.
There is a saying that rings true for me.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
I have worked diligently to become a better and healthier person today than I was yesterday. If living a full, happy and healthy life is part of your plan, then together we can catch that rising star and there can be no limit to the success you enjoy and the joy you spread to your fellow man.
Enhancing the quality of one's life by taking steps towards positive change is cause for a pat on the back. So let me say that I congratulate you on your decision and you may do the same. Life is a dance to be enjoyed. Let's just say that you are about to have some fun by adding a few new steps to your routine.
Introducing people to a new way of using their mind to be healthy, less stressed and to create a world that surrounds them with the people and circumstances that are pleasing to them is exciting. It's like finding that secret passageway that leads to untold treasures.
Science is constantly moving and shifting and even reconnecting with past theories and practices. Today our society is opening up to ancient wisdoms that have their roots in the exciting science of quantum physics. Now for many that sounds mighty scary. And truthfully, the mathematics of it is enough to give me a headache.
However, just as we do not need a degree in electrical engineering to reap the benefits of electricity - we just flip a switch or turn a knob and we receive a benefit - there are unlimited possibilities once you tune in and unlock the potential of your mind. The bonus is that it is not necessary to understand the science and mathematics of quantum physics to reap the benefits.
So what are you waiting for? The Power of You is waiting to be released!
Over 30 years of non-profit leadership experience, working with Boards at the grass roots to national levels in executive management positions with responsibility in the areas of management, human resources, communication, community development/engagement, finance/granting, fund development and program planning.
- Strategic Planning Leader
- Organizational Development Specialist
- Partnerships and Government Relations
- Team Development / Coaching
- Financial Planning / Granting / Budgets
- Educator / Mentoring
- Senior Level Leadership Expertise
- Community Relationship Management
- Program Development / Networking
- PR / Brand Development / Marketing
- Analysis / Evaluation / Negotiation
- Award Winning Change Facilitator
- Change Management
Linda was the Executive Director of the Mississauga Arts Council (MAC) for almost 15 years, building MAC into one of the premier arts councils in Canada. She has implemented successful strategic plans, funding plans and team building techniques to create mutual respect and a strong commitment to shared goals; strong belief in the benefits of networking, relationship building and collaboration and created opportunities for collaboration and partnership in a diverse community through sharing information, skills, knowledge, ability and resources.
Linda is an active member in broader community/provincial initiatives and has been involved in programs such as: Leadership Peel (President), United Way of Peel's Outcome Measurement Project, Community Arts Ontario's Leadership in the Arts: Building Effective Governance program as a regional mentor, Mississauga Board of Trade, Sheridan College/UTM Art & Art History Program: member of the Program Advisory, Tourism Mississauga Board Director, etc.
Linda's past clients include (sample):
ONTARIO HANDWEAVERS & SPINNERS - strategic plan
MEADOWVALE THEATRE ADVISORY BOARD - strategic plan
MISSISSAUGA CHORAL SOCIETY - strategic plan
BOND STREET NURSERY SCHOOL - strategic plan
OYG CONSULTING - research & planning
FRASER CONSULTING & ASSOCIATES - research & planning
GUELPH ARTS COUNCIL - strategic plan
JOSHUA CREEK HERITAGE ART CENTRE - strategic plan
HERITAGE MISSISSAUGA - strategic plan (X3)
PEEL MULTICULTURAL COUNCIL - strategic plan, diversification of funding
In her positions as Executive Director, she worked to better meet the needs of the community being served, and one that is very culturally diverse. Her role included:
- day--to day management of the organization including financial (bookkeeping and report development), providing management and all HR responsibilities for the staff team including evaluations, equipment and facility management, etc.,
- support to the Board of Directors in the development of the annual budget, strategic and business plan development, the review and development of policies, by-laws and procedures for the organization, and ongoing financial health of the organization, compliance requirements,
- working with the Fund Development Manager to pursue other sources of funding (grants, sponsorships, fundraising events, etc.), create unique revenue generation ideas through relationship building, programs and special events,
- preparation of comprehensive reports for internal and external presentation,
- responsibility for multi-site programming, community and municipal collaborations and engagement, communications and marketing (all platforms),
- monitoring of trends and act as an ambassador for the organization.
- Staffed the Grants Committee of the Arts Council (7 yrs). We were responsible for distributing the grants to the artistic community on behalf of the City of Mississauga.
ADDITIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Leadership Development: The Art of Executive Leadership; Change Management - The Banff Centre
Voluntary Sector & Arts Management: Faculty of Administrative Studies, York University
National Certificate in Voluntary Sector & Arts Management: Centre of Philanthropy
Master of Social Work: Community/Organizational Development & Planning: Wilfrid Laurier University
Honours Bachelor of Arts: Sociology: University of Guelph